Action Plan
Upon completion of this assignment and course I discovered a few things about myself and the world around me. I think that in general people are well meaning in their approaches to helping students and young people, however we all need to reflect on our daily actions and make correction for future behavior because our intentions are not always conveyed in our actions.
I have learned that politics has a large role in the school environment and not in a positive way.
I am a caring and compassionate individual and as a result that is what I intend to bring to my classroom. I have found that the teachers that work with their students and create bonds of respect and admiration get the best results. I know that to implement this every day will pose a challenge as every student in every classroom is different, but I will do my best to follow my action plan and help to eliminate those areas that I have observed as problematic to the learning environment.
I will remember to always get to know my students. I will do this through the use of a student survey, in class journal writings and parent conferences. This is essential to effective teaching. I need to make content relevant and meaningful for my students, while also keeping in mind other commitments they have outside of the classroom.
I will remember to follow the scriptures I have selected. I will be wise, caring compassionate and knowledgeable. I will remind myself everyday not only to do unto others, as you would have don unto you but to also remember to not return wrong for wrong but to always take the higher ground and lead by example. I will work to always present healthy adult behavior.
I will differentiate my instruction to meet the needs of my students.
I will try and include strategies that will be helpful for my ELL students. I must keep in mind the everyday difficulties these students face. I will remember to provide visual aids, graphic organizers, and meaningful activities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment